Caregiver rooms are available for parents of pediatric patients, those traveling long distances to the Saint Alphonsus Ontario Sleep Disorders Center, and others accompanying sleep study patients. These rooms allow caregivers to stay overnight near patients.
The Sleep Disorders Center sees a wide variety of patients, and is one of the only centers equipped to treat pediatric patients which requires specialized equipment and a higher level of monitoring.
Saint Alphonsus Ontario's Sleep Disorders Center offers a full range of testing for sleep disorders, such as: Sleep Apnea, insomnia, other sleep-related breathing disorders, and much more. Daytime sleep testing is also available for patients who work exclusively during the night and sleep during the day.The following diagnostics services available include:
- Evaluation and treatment for obstructive sleep apnea and sleep disordered breathing
- Evaluation of daytime sleepiness including narcolepsy and hypersomnolence
- Evaluation of periodic limb movement disorder, sleepwalking, dream enacting behavior, and sleep related seizures
- Evaluation of insomnia when other avenues of evaluation/treatment fail
- Evaluation and treatment for pediatric sleep disorders
- Evaluation of wakefulness for truck drivers and aircraft pilots
The Medical Director of the Sleep Disorders Center is Patrick Plummer, M.D. who is a Diplomat, of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and an Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialist. The Sleep Disorders Center staff includes licensed Respiratory Therapists, Registered Polysomnographic Technologists, and Polysomnographic Technicians. All staff specialize in sleep disorders.