Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario Sleep Disorders
The SAMC Ontario Sleep Disorders Center
is the only facility of its kind in Eastern Oregon and Western
Idaho. The 4,000 square foot innovative
facility is equipped with state-of-the-art sleep systems and deluxe
patient and caregiver rooms.
The center provides a cozy,
at-home feeling, with comfortable beds, all new amenities, large
showers, soft lighting,
and custom linen. All rooms are sound proof to provide a calm atmosphere
free of noise and light. Patients can enjoy a comfortable night’s
sleep while specialists monitor their sleep patterns. Rooms and
showers for disabled people are available.
Caregiver rooms are availCaregiver
rooms are available for parents of pediatric patients, those traveling long
distances to the SAMC Ontario Sleep Disorders Center, and others accompanying
sleep study patients. These rooms allow caregivers to stay overnight near
The SAMC Ontario Sleep Disorders Center is the
only facility of its kind in Eastern Oregon and Western Idaho. The Sleep
Disorders Center sees a wide variety of patients, and is one of the only centers
equipped to treat pediatric patients. We provide care to patients as young as 18
months of age, which requires specialized equipment and a higher level of
SAMC Ontario's Sleep Disorders Center offers a
full range of testing for sleep disorders, such as: Sleep Apnea, insomnia, other
sleep-related breathing disorders, and much more. Daytime sleep testing is also
available for patients who work exclusively during the night and sleep during
The Medical Director of the Sleep Disorders
Center is Patrick Plummer, M.D. who is a Diplomat, of the American Board of
Sleep Medicine and an Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialist. The Sleep Disorders
Center staff includes three licensed Respiratory Therapists, two Registered
Polysomnographic Technologists, and a Polysomnographic Technician. All staff
specialize in sleep disorders.
center is open Monday through Friday, hrough Friday,
8:00 a.m. – 5:00
Sunday through Wednesday,
7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
for nocturnal testing
Diagnostics services we provide include:
• Evaluation and treatment for obstructive sleep apnea and sleep
• Evaluation of daytime sleepiness including narcolepsy and hypersomnolence
• Evaluation of periodic limb movement disorder, sleepwalking, dream
enacting behavior, and sleep related seizures
• Evaluation of insomnia when other avenues of evaluation/treatment
• Evaluation and treatment for pediatric sleep disorders
• Evaluation of wakefulness for truck drivers and aircraft pilots
Do you suffer from daytime sleepiness?
• 40% of adults are so sleepy during the day that it interferes with their
• 18% experience this level of daytime sleepiness at least a few days a
week or more.
• Take the Epworth Sleepiness Scale Test.
Sleepiness Scale Web Page - Click here
Do You Snore?
of adults report snoring a few nights a week or more.
• 16% of men and 10% of women report having had pauses in their breathing
during sleep a few nights a week or more during the past year.
Do You have Trouble Sleeping?
• 56% of adults in the U.S. report one or more symptoms of insomnia a few
nights a week.
You Feel Your Sleep Disturbance is Affecting Your Life?
• 62% of adults who experience frequent difficulty in sleeping say they
SAMC Ontario Sleep Disorders Center
Location: First Floor
Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario
A Division of Cardiopulmonary Servicesep Disorders Center FAX: 541.881.7486
SAMC Ontario Sleep Disorders Center Contact Phone: 541.881.7477
SAMC Ontario Sleep Disorders Center FAX: 541.881.7486