Holy Rosary Medical Center
The Auxiliary Volunteer Program and Non-Auxiliary Adult Volunteer Program are committed to serving Holy Rosary, its patients, guests and the community.
People from all walks of life volunteer at Holy Rosary, and nearly all agree, they get far more out of the experience than they put in. If you can commit one day a week to Holy Rosary, you will soon find a new camaraderie with a diverse group of people who consider each other family -- and whose efforts make Holy Rosary a better place to visit, stay and work.
Volunteers are organized into three different categories at Holy Rosary Medical Center.
The Auxiliary is a separate, not-for-profit organization with its own bylaws and board of directors. It functions under the direction of the Holy Rosary Board of Directors through an administrative liaison, and has an average active membership of 67.
Adult volunteers are people who wish to volunteer but don't want to belong to the Auxiliary, and student volunteers are high school or college students, 16 years or older. Generally, Holy Rosary has 25 student volunteers.
Volunteers at Holy Rosary are expected to give the same level of commitment to their volunteer work as they would to any job, and are generally expected to participate for a minimum of eight hours a month for at least six months. Education and training will be provided before a volunteer begins work.
Volunteers can help out in nearly any area of the hospital, including:
- Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Refreshment Cart
- Patient Care
- Surgery Waiting Area
- O'MSTI Oncology Clinic
- Maternity Clinic
- Print Shop
- Learning Resource Center
- Physical Therapy
- Guest Escort/Float
- Medical Library
- Knitting and Crocheting at home
- Special Projects
A variety of benefits are offered to Holy Rosary volunteers, including:
- Half-price meals in the Holy Rosary cafeteria
- Free membership in the 'Wellness Challenge'
- Free health risk assessment and laboratory/cholesterol tests
- Ontario Aquatic Center Yearly Pass
- Personal Exercise Program
- Nutrition Counseling
- Free 'Seven Habits of Highly Effective People'
- Free Skills Training and Fun
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Computer Software Classes
- Free TB Screening or X-Ray
- Undying gratitude for your kind works, from all of us who work at Holy Rosary, and most important, from the people you help.