SAMC Ontario Volunteer Program
The Auxiliary Volunteer Program and Non-Auxiliary Adult Volunteer Program are committed
to serving SAMC Ontario, its patients, guests and the community.
People from all walks of life volunteer at SAMC Ontario, and nearly all agree, they
get far more out of the experience than they put in. If you can commit one day a
week to us, you will soon find a new camaraderie with a diverse group of
people who consider each other family -- and whose efforts make SAMC Ontario a better
place to visit, stay and work.
Volunteers are organized into three different categories at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario.
The Auxiliary is a separate, not-for-profit organization with its own bylaws and board of directors. It functions under the direction of the SAMC Ontario Board of Directors through an administrative liaison, and has an average active membership of 67.
In the last year they have:
- donated over $24,000 in capital equipment
- volunteered over 13,754 hours
|Adult Volunteers are people who wish to volunteer but don't want to belong to the Auxiliary.
||Student Volunteers are high school or college students, 16 years or older. Generally, SAMC Ontario has 25 student volunteers.
Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario and the community are undoubtedly better because of the volunteers'
remarkable dedication to philanthropy and service. Volunteers are
expected to give the same level of commitment to their volunteer work as they would
to any job, and are generally expected to participate for a minimum of eight hours
a month for at least six months. Education and training will be provided before
a volunteer begins work.
Volunteers can help out in nearly any area of the hospital, including:
A variety of benefits are offered to SAMC Ontario volunteers, including:
- Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Refreshment Cart
- Patient Care
- Surgery Waiting Area
- O'MSTI Oncology Clinic
- Maternity Clinic
- Print Shop
- Learning Resource Center
- Physical Therapy
- Guest Escort/Float
- Medical Library
- Knitting and Crocheting at home
- Special Projects
- Half-price meals in the SAMC Ontario cafeteria
- Free membership in the 'Wellness Challenge'
- Free health risk assessment and laboratory/cholesterol tests
- Ontario Aquatic Center Yearly Pass
- Personal Exercise Program
- Nutrition Counseling
- Free 'Seven Habits of Highly Effective People'
- Free Skills Training and Fun
- Free Flu Shot
- Free Computer Software Classes
- Free TB Screening or X-Ray
- Undying gratitude for your kind works, from all of us who work at SAMC Ontario, and most important, from the people you help
Interested in learning more or possibly becoming a volunteer?
a phone number for any hospital department
of Privacy Practices:
Notice of Privacy Practices
U.S. Department of Health & Human
Privacy - National Standards to Protect the Privacy of Personal